Islamic Marriage Process and Instructions:
- Contact the ICT prior atleast two weeks to marriage date.
- Schedule a sessions for Explanations and Questions & Answers
- Obtain paperwork
- Invite family and friends
- Schedule an appointment for marriage
- Marriage Ceremony
Session for Explanations and Question & Answer
90 minute Session for Bride & Groom. (Families of Bride & Groom are encouraged to attend)
Marriage License from the County. *Additional explanation is listed later in these instructions.
- The Bride & Groom;
- Two Muslim Witnesses;
- A guardian/representative (i.e.,Wali) for the Muslim bride
- Representation of Bride & Groom,
- Verification of paperwork,
- declaration of Dowry,
- reminder speech and supplication before contract,
- verbal execution and written execution of the marriage contract.
The Islamic Center of Tucson provides the marriage ceremony and certificate as a service, it is free of charge.
Decoration and Waleemah
Decoration and Waleemah arrangements can be coordinated with ICT Social Director
* Pima County Marraige License While planning your wedding in Arizona, you will need to obtain a marriage license. Marriage licenses have been delegated by The Superior Court of the State of Arizona, to be issued by each and every county. A wedding license issued by any AZ County is valid as a license for marriage in any AZ County (for instance, you can use a Maricopa County Marriage License in Pima County, etc.). Once purchased, the marriage license must be used within one year.In Pima County, the license is a two-piece marriage cert ificate. The top part is a family heirloom, suitable for framing. The bottom part of the certificate is a stub that will be recorded with all the public records in the county from which it was purchased. The recorded license stub becomes the subject of “certified copies.”